Need Help Id Mexican Silver BRacelet Unsure Taxco

Jewelry, Flatware & Holloware
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
jayddesigns

Need Help Id Mexican Silver BRacelet Unsure Taxco

Post by jayddesigns »

I have this silver bracelet that I found I am not sure of the make I think it is taxco unsure though. I have looked for weeks on the mark can not find anything on it. It reads MEX 325 ,,LL TL-34
ImageImage
Hilandlass

Post by Hilandlass »

Hello ~ the hallmarks are difficult to read in the photo, but I would guess that the '325' is actually '925' for sterling silver; the 'LL' is missing the first letter, you can barely see that a letter was there at one time ~ these intials would be the designer's or maker's mark. Regarind the TL-34: the system for marking silver in Mexico with a letter and number system began about 1980. The first letter identifies the location (T indicates Taxco), the second letter is the beginning letter of the maker's first or last name (L). The number indicates the rank or placement of an individual or company registered under the letter combination of TL in Taxco. I hope that this is helpful.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You might also check post http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1915" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
for more info on this mark numbering system.

Regards, Tom

Return to “Mexican Silversmiths”