Help in identifying mark "BHR"

Jewelry, Flatware & Holloware
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
michelea12345

Help in identifying mark "BHR"

Post by michelea12345 »

Hello Everyone,
I've been trying a for quite a few years to research this hallmark on my clamper bracelet. It is a stunning design, but I cannot find out who the designer is. I've had a few other people tell me they have the same hallmark on their jewelry, but cannot figure it out. Would anyone be able to help me? Thank you for your time.

spark

Re: Help in identifying mark "BHR"

Post by spark »

I was just in the middle of asking for help on a piece with the exact same marks, the bell with a 3 inside, and BHR inside the MEXICO 925 TAXCO mark.
Crazy coincidence. Im gonna just hang out here with you. I will put pics on 2marrow but mine is a 3" sun looking piece with an Easter Island looking head in the center, Stone or glass Im not sure but Im leaning to glass.
WarrenKundis
contributor

Post by WarrenKundis »

Good morning Michelea and Spark,

The eagle assay mark with the number 3 is a numerical code for the city of Taxco. The best recourse for the Mexican hallmarks is "The Little Book of Mexican Silver Trade and Hallmarks: Hecho en Mexico" by Billie Hougart. Part of it is available online, was unable to identify BHR. If your in the US you might want to try the inter-loan library program through your local public library. For a flat fee you may be able to review the text without making a purchase unless you collect Mexican silver.

good luck
Warren
michelea12345

Post by michelea12345 »

Thank you Warren and Spark. I've run across a few people who have pieces with this hallmark, but they cannot identify the designer. I will buy a copy of the book online and see if that helps. If not, at least it will help in my future purchases of Mexican Silver. I am hoping that somebody in this world of 7 billion people will know this hallmark and its designer's name.
WarrenKundis
contributor

Post by WarrenKundis »

Was just trying to see if the author had an accessible e-mail, no luck. But his latest 2013 edition is available on amazon. If you find the answer please post that here.

Good hunting.
Warren
michelea12345

Post by michelea12345 »

I'm going to try and get in touch with the publishing house. Perhaps they can forward an email to him. I"ll keep everyone posted if I find anything.
Thanks,
Michele

Return to “Mexican Silversmiths”