Navajo Turquoise Bracelet

Jewelry, Flatware & Holloware
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Dannd

Navajo Turquoise Bracelet

Post by Dannd »

Hello,

I am having trouble identifying the artist of this bracelet (although its profusely marked).I believe the artist signed it in the Navajo language but also it is marked "JR" and the only reference I can find to a JR is Jerry Roan but the piece doesnt really look like his work. I tried "FR" as well but no luck. It is also marked with a frog (at least I think thats what it is?). Any help would be appreciated!

Daniel

Cattim

Re: Navajo Turquoise Bracelet

Post by Cattim »

HI,
New to Navajo silver and this site. Noticed that site has info in the Mexican silver section that may help you. "980" is from Mexico and looks like "Mexico" stamp is on your piece. Check it out. http://www.925-1000.com/mexican_marks.html
Good luck.
dragonflywink
co-admin

Post by dragonflywink »

As already mentioned, this piece is marked 'MEXICO', the same 'JR' mark can be found on other Southwestern style pieces, always marked ' MEXICO ', sometimes with an additional 'NAVAHO' [sic] mark...

~Cheryl
4TheLuvOfJesus

Post by 4TheLuvOfJesus »

Hello,
I am brand new here and I can’t figure out how to post a question.
I a,so don’t see a category where I should post the question. Perhaps in “other”?

I hope you’ll forgive me, but all I found was to search a similar question, which brought me here, then I saw the “reply” option so I took that. Lol.

I have 2 bracelets I found in a jewelry grab jar and I love them!! But they seem delicate and I’d love to know how old they are and how I can get them looked at and secure the little (what I think are turquoise) stones so I can enjoy these beautiful blessings without worrying that anymore stones might fall out. (There are a few stones missing when I found the bracelets).

They are both silver, I’m sure, but also have beautiful silver work, dark (do they call that shadow?) background work, and gorgeous little turquoise balls throughout.
One bracelet has 1000 stamp and is a full closure cuff bracelet closing with a wonderful calsp.
The other has 990 stamp and is on open cuff bracelet.

I don’t think they are southwestern, but am leaning to think they are middle eastern. ?
Where can I post pics and get your response?

Thank you so much.

Cheri
silvermakersmarks
co-admin

Post by silvermakersmarks »

Hi Cheri and welcome to the forum.

As your query is not related to the subject matter of this topic I must ask you to start again and post your query elsewhere. This part of the forum for Middle Eastern silver sounds like a good place to start: viewforum.php?f=12. You will see that there is a button marked "New Topic" which will allow you to post your query.

Pictures of the pieces and their marks are essential - they really are worth a thousand words! And 1 item per topic is preferred. The following should help you to post your images:

How to Add Images

Posting Requirements

https://postimages.org is recommended (click 'Share', then copy and paste the 'Hotlink for forums' code to embed your images). Do not use Photobucket or Dropbox.

Please embed your images rather than posting links and remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post. If your images don't show up there we won't be able to see them either.

For a quick summary see:

http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... 82#p103282

Phil
4TheLuvOfJesus

Post by 4TheLuvOfJesus »

Thank you! You are incredibly kind.
Happily searching what you provided about Middle Eastern. :)
EvilAngel

Post by EvilAngel »

Plz post pics. Just as typical, Mexico pieces hqve their own stamp rules. I've never personally seen a Mexico piece wi5h Navajo added. Yes, Navajo in Mexico as lived there.
I could, be entirely wrong.
Pics. If it has Mexico stamp ite considered m3xican not Navajo. Place then to look is under Mexican silversmiths.
There are 2 silversmiths in Mexico in Little Book with RL.
Surely, many others out there..

Evil

Return to “Mexican Silversmiths”