Help Identifying Cuff Bracelet Taxco 980

Jewelry, Flatware & Holloware
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Samantha R.

Help Identifying Cuff Bracelet Taxco 980

Post by Samantha R. »

Hello Everyone

Thank you for anyone that can help I have looked all over the website maybe I have missed it but I can not find anything to determine the maker. I did find knowledge on 980 but that is it. Cuff Bracelet with Fish detailed and the eyes seem to be amethyst

Thanks
Samantha

Traintime
contributor

Re: Help Identifying Cuff Bracelet Taxco 980

Post by Traintime »

Not convinced that is a 980 grade mark. (Notice this is incuse [stamped] rather than intaglio [raised]. The "Sterling" mark (often post-1950ish) renders the need for a number grade unneccessary as this is an increasingly internationally accepted grade of .925. This could be a set of initials for a maker such as "GBO". (Names like Ortega would work this way.) But the small type "g" could also be used to indicate "G, BO" with a last name first such as Gutierrez, B.O.. You could be right, but I wouldn't rush to judgement without a confirming example. To me, 980 is very pure and soft silver that would not be very useful for an item requiring some durability such as a bracelet. Then again, demand drive the market. Good luck on your id for this one.
silverly

Post by silverly »

I think Margot de Taxco is a possibility for the maker.
Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

Are you thinking a similarity to look & marks for Los Costillo period? Or would you suggest later, perhaps by one of her associated workers w/o firm's name?
silverly

Post by silverly »

I'm afraid I cannot answer your questions.
Samantha R.

Post by Samantha R. »

I apology that I did not see that I had responds from members thank you all who took the time to write.

Samantha

Return to “Mexican Silversmiths”