Help with TC-45 antonio castillo mark-"TC-45" PLEASE HELP

Jewelry, Flatware & Holloware
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
lumhechati1

Help with TC-45 antonio castillo mark-"TC-45" PLEASE HELP

Post by lumhechati1 »

I have a set of earrings Large with Large onyx each is size of silver dollar-BOLD-they are marked what looks likes TC-45-mexico 925--Antonio's mark of TA-01 is common-as for his mm be his other is much harder to examples of the TC-45.I have only found maybe 3-5 of this one with a slanted "T" and shortened 5 all here's my struggle the C inside the stamped shows the C clear the 2 serif's open and stops/the 5 on each earring is discernable with magnification.The matches i found matches his/this punch die is/was maker punch die wearing down?????? it does not has Los Castillo as others did not either----here's my need of help "am i seeing it correct this maker mark does say TC-45,as i have cancer(lung and skin squamous) and advanced diabetes.So am i correct since his mark was (one of) TC-45- TA-01.is this mark??and is it vindictive of his work i hope this post is understandable.Thank You and God Bless-----Roy

lumhechati1

Re: Help with TC-45 antonio castillo mark-"TC-45" PLEASE HELP

Post by lumhechati1 »

Close up of marks

i'm gonna resize them bigger,thanks
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
The Little Book of Mexican Silver Trade and Hallmarks: Hecho en Mexico by Bille Hougart does mention TA-01 and TC-45 for Antonio Castillo. There is a gap between TC-45 and TC- 51 though.
Based on this, TC-49 cannot be attributed to Antonio Castillo, unless proven otherwise by a reliable reference.
Best wishes and good luck
lumhechati1

Post by lumhechati1 »

ImageIn the pictures its hard to see the one earring its was stamped(hammered) 3 times showing what we call in coins double die -hub dubbling where the stamps moved slightly when stamped.The 5 looks like a 9 under close examine the serif's top line is straight the downward line is straight,the inward bottom loop looks a 5 being as outter lower ring is low arched the line coming into the loop is straight not curving making 2 loop's.I study coin error's for 20 years morgan dollars,errors being die cracks,gouges,rotated dies,broked die/die clashing ete.....please veiw very closely i could be wrong and thats fine i'll take picture a different angle and the 45 is really prominent the 5 stands...Thank you for helping sorry for the headache God Bless you

Another try
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
Have enlarged the number and at closer inspection it does look like 45.
The arrow points to the vertical line which cannot be part of digit 9 (a convex, half circular line would be expected, not perfectly straight line seen here). The crescent shape far right seems to be an artefact when hammering the punch and has nothing to do with either digit 9 or 5. Just an artefact.
In short, it is TC-45 indeed.
Kindest regards
lumhechati1

Post by lumhechati1 »

Thank you so very much what a blessing. I was certain it was a 5.again thank you very much then could've been made by Antonio Castillo.you be blessed and God Bless.-- Roy
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi Roy,
Definitively well documented Antonio Castillo TC- 45. (The book mentioned above, the best and the most reliable reference).
Kindest regards and good luck
lumhechati1

Post by lumhechati1 »

Thank you very much what great help you've been God Bless you

Return to “Mexican Silversmiths”