Connecting a huge tray to a historical figure

Jewelry, Flatware & Holloware
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
fireball9388

Connecting a huge tray to a historical figure

Post by fireball9388 »

Hello!

This is my first post here, so please forgive me if I accidentally step on any forum posting rules!

I recently had the fortune of stumbling upon a huge beautiful tray at a thrift shop here in the midwest. I've been able to gather some rudimentary knowledge such as the maker is Conquistador, made in Mexico City etc. but I seem to be coming up short on any knowledge past that.
I have a couple of questions about this piece. First, being that this tray is 22.5" x 16.5" not including the handles, I would imagine that this isn't a piece that all the neighbors had. So, that said, is there still a sales record of sorts that could help tie this piece to a historical figure in my area?

Second, is there a name to my piece along with some possible details? My limited knowledge in this arena has cut me short on being able to do any further research.

I certainly appreciate anyone's time who can help me out! Thank you!
silvermakersmarks
co-admin

Re: Connecting a huge tray to a historical figure

Post by silvermakersmarks »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Your images are not showing as Photobucket no longer allows 3rd party sharing unless you "upgrade" your account. You will need to find another photo host to upload your pictures.

Phil
fireball9388

Post by fireball9388 »

I apologize! Here are the updated links to the pictures:

AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
The maker is CONQUISTADOR S.A. (Sociedad Anónima).It was Founded by Horacio de la Parra in Mexico City.
He was assigned number 13 for the first (delineated) eagle mark used 1948 until about 1955.
For Mexican eagle marks take a look here.

http://www.925-1000.com/mexican_marks.html
Regards
fireball9388

Post by fireball9388 »

Thank you for your reply!

Is there any sort of information from the company still available such as sales receipts?

Also, is there any more history on the company besides the two sentence blurb on the website?

Thank you!

Return to “Mexican Silversmiths”