hinged 3 stone malachite bracelet 925 jgl mexico

Jewelry, Flatware & Holloware
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
msnatasha

hinged 3 stone malachite bracelet 925 jgl mexico

Post by msnatasha »

this bracelet has spring loaded button hinge that i like its design, stone i believe are malachite and mark is jgl mexico 925. like know who maker was and more info on this type hinge thanks natasha ps including 3 pics to show button hinge detail
finderskeypurs

Post by finderskeypurs »

In my mexican marks book it shows JGL as not being anyone famous, justs mentions the initials as a maker, so may be nearly unidentifiable. If JGL was noteworthy my book would say so, like spratling, los castillo, hector aguilar, etc.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
Ther are many good Mexican smiths that are not included in the standard texts (Hougart, Morrill, Morrill & Berke, Pack) on Mexican silver - not because they made nothing of note, but simply because the researchers could find no information on them.

Regards, Tom
finderskeypurs

Post by finderskeypurs »

Hi Tom,
Sorry, I agree with you and did not mean to discount the makers skills. I am new to forums so will temper my comments from now on, I just thought they may be only interested to know if it is a famous maker or not, since that seems to me to be the MO when it comes to Mexican silver.

Return to “Mexican Silversmiths”