Mexican Silver Earrings marked TS-32 MEXICO 925 TRR

Jewelry, Flatware & Holloware
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
susanplnc

Mexican Silver Earrings marked TS-32 MEXICO 925 TRR

Post by susanplnc »

Is this a Taxco piece? Any info on what the marks mean, who and when is appreciated. Only one earring is marked. Both the "T" in the beginning and the 2nd "R" at the end are very light. The earrings are approx 2" long.

Thank you, Susan

pic

pic
susanplnc

Anyone know?

Post by susanplnc »

I see no one had an answer. Maybe some of the newbies will know. The back of the above earring says "TS-32 Mexico 925 TTR" without the quotation marks of course.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Susan
ladywoodlane

T for Taxco

Post by ladywoodlane »

Yes, I believe that if the alphanumeric code starts with a T, that means it was made in Taxco, according to my books. If it starts with an M, that is Mexico City. The next letter is the first or last name initial of the silversmith, and the numbers were assigned in order. TS-32 would be the 32nd person in Taxco with a name beginning in S to register their mark. Unfortunately, most of these are not identified in my book of Mexican silver marks.
silvercrown

Post by silvercrown »

The information supplied by ladywoodlane is correct. I'll add that the government registry number consisting of letters and numbers dates the piece to 1980 or later. The spread eagle mark was used from 1949-1979.

Silvercrown

Return to “Mexican Silversmiths”