Trying to Identify Taxco Pendant

Jewelry, Flatware & Holloware
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Mobile

Trying to Identify Taxco Pendant

Post by Mobile »

Hello,
This is my first post. I have been trying to find out a bit more about this pendant. I know that it is a Taxco but that is about it. Any help would be appreciated. I hope the pics show up.
Thanks
Mobile

Mobile

Post by Mobile »

Hello,
I have trying to determine the marks to get a better idea of the age and stuff on the pendant. It looks as if there is a mark that reads jcom, could be 1com, looks like part is cut off at the edge of the piece. At the top it looks as if there is a paw. I have been unable to identify the stone as well. IT appears to have some type of glitter, sparkly material in the stone. Again thanks to everyone who has looked at the pictures if you know anything about the marking please let me know.
Mobile
2209patrick
co-admin

Post by 2209patrick »

The mark you describe as a paw is probably an Eagle mark. These were used from roughly 1948 to 1980.
http://www.925-1000.com/mexican_marks.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I believe the letters are J. Gomes. Don't know much about them other than they continued producing jewelry past 1980 and had a modern registration mark.

Regards,
Pat
Mobile

Post by Mobile »

Thank you so much for your reply, Pat. The information helped a lot.

Mobile

Return to “Mexican Silversmiths”