TAXCO Sterling & Abalone Bracelet.... Unrecognized mark

Jewelry, Flatware & Holloware
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
pandora*bear

TAXCO Sterling & Abalone Bracelet.... Unrecognized mark

Post by pandora*bear »

This Sterling and abalone bracelet has a mark I cannot ID. Does anyone know it? Marked with a eagle profile (left) and what appears to be a shield shape with (I think) "3" and an "A", "H", or "M" (sideways) ??? On the opposite (same link) is the number "1042".

doghouse

similar symbol

Post by doghouse »

Hi there,
I have a bracelet with a similar symbol on it ( the 3). Have you found any info on it yet? The bracelet is similar in style and size.

Teresa
byron mac donald

Post by byron mac donald »

Hello animal house people-

See:

http://www.925-1000.com/mexican_marks.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A good explanation on the subject of the eagle marking system, by our wonderful host Tom.

Regards- Byron
byron mac donald

Sorry forgot the letters you see are "Hecho En" = made in, it is somehow missing the "Mexico" part to say Hecho en Mexico, made in Mexico.
doghouse

marks

Post by doghouse »

I tried taking a picture of it, but I could not get close enough to show the symbol. There are three letters inside the circle. The circle is made of letters and numbers. The letters are sterling with some numbers along with a couple more letters, but the three letters inside are I believe ATA. I read the into to this site and know that the eagle 3 is a registration mark given to the lesser know jewelry makers, but I was curios if you had a time frame that the bracelet you have is dated at all. This bracelet was my grandmothers and she is part of the Osage nation (indian). She lived in Arizona for awhile. She is currently 96 years old. Any ideas?
byron mac donald

Eagle system used from 1948 until about 1979 when replaced with alpha numeric system.

Regards- Byron

Return to “Mexican Silversmiths”