Hollware Taxco Bracelet- Anyone know this hallmark?

Jewelry, Flatware & Holloware
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
melissaloucastellano

Hollware Taxco Bracelet- Anyone know this hallmark?

Post by melissaloucastellano »

What I do know about this bracelet is that is says, "Taxco 925 Mexico," that is the ring of letters pictured in the hallmark photos. There are I believe three letters in the middle which are very hard to discern and photograph. CPL? NPL? ?P? ? And then there is another stamp above the ring hallmark that looks like it could be, "TP-04." The ring is hollow, with what I believe to be onyx stones that are polished and flush with the silver surface. It's really beautiful and I think it's vintage-ish. If anyone has any info I'd be very grateful! Thanks so much!

-Melissa

silvercrown

Holloware Taxco Bracelet

Post by silvercrown »

The TP-04 is the Mexican government registration mark and indicates that the item was not made earlier than 1980. It verifies that your ring will assay at the silver fineness stamped on the piece. The "T" indicates that it was manufactured in Taxco. The "P" if the first letter of the maker's first or last name. The number 04 indicates that the maker was the 4th person with the letter "P" to be assigned a registration number for Taxco.

Mexican Marks

There are many fine Mexican silversmiths whose works are known to us only by their initials and that may never be attributed. Unfortunately this piece is probably one of those.

Silvercrown

Return to “Mexican Silversmiths”