Silver Bracelet Chicago--Maker?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
haller

Silver Bracelet Chicago--Maker?

Post by haller »

Hello everyone and Happy New Year from Chi-town!

I have been unable to find any information on the mark/maker inside this silver bracelet. There are no other markings evident. It measures approx 2 1/2" at its widest point.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Haller

Image[/img]
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Silver Bracelet Chicago--Maker?

Post by dognose »

A post worth bumping.

Any thoughts?

Trev.
ValkyrieVixen
contributor

Post by ValkyrieVixen »

I searched for Sonia jewelry including Chicago but came up with nothing. So frustrating when there's not even a whisper of info on a mark.
katinatreesee

Post by katinatreesee »

perhaps this bracelet is for a member for the Tau chapter of Theta Chi? Basing that idea off of the Greek lettering. I know that Greek lettering is highly regulated, so I'd either contact try contacting a representative of the fraternity for assistance and/or looking into if there is anyone in the Chicago area who specializes in working with Greek organizations.
silverly

Post by silverly »

After many, many attempts to find something out about this bracelet, I have had no luck at all. I can say that Tau Theta Chi was an active sorority at Wilmington College, Wilmington, Ohio from at least the 1920's through the 1940's and is now listed there as inactive/defunct.

I don't know if its just a coincidence, but everything I find about this sorority in newspaper articles, city directories and online pieces relates to Wilmington College. One online article describes it as being for "smart girls."
katinatreesee

Post by katinatreesee »

Here's an idea: "Jewelers' Row" in Chicago:

http://encyclopedia.chicagohistory.org/pages/669.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry I can't be of further help as to the specific manufacturers who worked there, but it's another start.

Return to “American Jewelry”