ID on gold and silver watch band ends/extenders

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
jcmurp

ID on gold and silver watch band ends/extenders

Post by jcmurp »

So going thru some more of my grandfathers watches and parts today and ran accross this unique and nice piece. It is ends or extend decorator ends for a watch band, It is actually silver and the eagle is gold marked 10k with the same makers mark but the rest is sterling marked with the makers mark that looks like to hatchetts or something, Anyway would like to know a little more.
Thanks again
silverly

Re: ID on gold and silver watch band ends/extenders

Post by silverly »

I don't know for sure, but maybe it's Joseph Mayer & Bros. http://www.925-1000.com/americansilver_M.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Essexboy Fisher
contributor

Re: ID on gold and silver watch band ends/extenders

Post by Essexboy Fisher »

Hello American Jewellery, I am bringing some spoon marks to show you. I have a souvenir spoon with the crossed “miners pick and shovel” mark similar to the watch band that seems to be associated with Joseph Mayer & Brothers. There a several other Forum threads referencing Mayer Brothers but unfortunately lacking photos but you have some. Our web site’s images of “Mayer’s” marks has been reference above by “Silverly”. Below is my spoon with its maker’s mark and underneath that the probably more often referenced Mayer Brother’s mark.

My assumption is that my mark, crossed tools between “J” and “M”, could possibly be an earlier mark when “Joseph Mayer” may have been starting in business but without his younger 2 brothers. The spoon features historic San Diego and I see that it is suggested that from their Seattle base Mayers made souvenir spoons for places all over the West of the USA. I have shown the “profile” of the spoon and wondered if it could give dating evidence for the J. M. Co. mark.
Looking forward to any forum comments.
Fishless

Return to “American Jewelry”