Over Stamped or Double-Stamped Bracelet

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
RRTH

Over Stamped or Double-Stamped Bracelet

Post by RRTH »

7.5" long Double Curb Bracelet. The clasp is Marked "STERLING". Weighs 19.7 grams. The Jewelers Mark(s) on the clasp appears to be one mark starting with the letter "W" in a curved arc, ending with the number "5". But, Stamped across that mark is another, starting with a letter "P" or possibly "R" in a straight line possibly ending in a letter "M". Is this one guy stamping his mark over another guy's? Can anyone identify or read either one? I would appreciate your help.
dragonflywink
co-admin

Re: Over Stamped or Double-Stamped Bracelet

Post by dragonflywink »

It's a mid 20th century charm bracelet (double-link round cable rather than curb), can't tell which is the original and can't really make out one mark, but the Rhythm Jewelry Co. mark is fairly clear. Hard to tell the reason for the overstamping, may have been made by Rhythm for another vendor or a particular retailer, and may have been returned or cancelled and then overstamped with their name (or vice versa), or may have been produced by a jobber that produced for both companies...

~Cheryl
RRTH

Re: Over Stamped or Double-Stamped Bracelet

Post by RRTH »

Cheryl,
Wow, that was quick. Thank you. I can see the RHYTHM mark. I appreciate the information.
Ronny

Return to “American Jewelry”