Moscow jeweler

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
AG2012
contributor

Moscow jeweler

Post by AG2012 »

Have narrowed the search for the maker of this art nouveau brooch – pendant.
56 zolotniks, rose and yellow gold (14K - 583). Demantoid garnets with ``horsetails`` (inclusions of chrysotile) and pearl.
Moscow assayer Ivan Lebedkin.
(The demantoid variety of garnets was discovered 1868 in western central Ural Mountains. The find was an alluvial deposit about 110 kilometers from Ekaterinburg, along the Bobrovka River, near the village of Elizavetinskoye. It became very popular with its high brilliance and dispersion).
Regarding possible makers:
Only Nikolai Fedorov was registered as both silversmith and jeweler, other candidates for the maker were jewelers. The mark is distinctively shaped, but possibly upside down, and either ``H`` or `` K``
ФН
Philipp Mikhailovich Naidis НАЙДИС Филипп Михайлович
НФ
Nikolai Antonomovich Fedorov ФЕДОРОВ Николай Антономович
Nikolai Ivanovich Firsov ФИРСОВ Николай Иванович

ФК
Fedor Kozlov КОЗЛОВ Федор
Fedor Komkov КОМКОВ Федор Михайлович

olga_kehl
contributor

Re: Moscow jeweler

Post by olga_kehl »

Hi,

I think I found the twin of your brooch. And sellers wrote maker is "unknown master ФН".

Goldstein
contributor

Post by Goldstein »

Hi olga_kehl -

please be so kind and use the "Preview" button before you use the "Submit" button! Your photos never show up - that's too bad!
Please make the necessary corrections - because I'm really curious about what you have to show.
A forum like this stands and falls with meaningful photos.

All the best
Goldstein
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

The images are showing for me.

Trev.
SteveDWollongong
contributor

Post by SteveDWollongong »

I too can see this one and have not had any problems seeing Olga's photos in Past posts.

Steve
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi Olga,
I can see the image you posted.Yes, the same maker, no doubt; the design and the stones, the same mark ``ФН``.
Thank you.
Regrads
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

Either I have any problems with Olga's photos in general but I do have problems with AG2012 question of who is the maker ;-)))) a difficult question. The hallmark tells that it is punched between 1898-1908...

@Goldstein
You might have a resolution problem in your end. Check the setting. Try 1600x1200 anticipating that your monitor can handle that high. Undoubtedly Olga's photo size is quite big.

Return to “European Jewelry”