Lawrence Emanuel Silver Choker 1903

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
russell.shivas

Lawrence Emanuel Silver Choker 1903

Post by russell.shivas »

I have been offered a Lawrence Emanuel Silver Choker 1903, it is not something that I would normally consider as it is a bit out of my normal silver remit, however can anyone provide some advice. - limited findings on the internet.

(admin edit - see Posting Requirements )

AG2012
contributor

Re: Lawrence Emanuel Silver Choker 1903

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
Marks look OK although out of focus and rather small (lion passant,anchor and date letter ``d`` for 1903,as well as maker`s initials).
Unusual to have a lock as closure mechanism. Anyway, as a separate part the lock should be marked too.
Regards
russell.shivas

Post by russell.shivas »

Many thanks for your post - apologies for the "out of focus" images - the lock is also marked, lion, anchor 1903 and L.E - its total length is 11 inches, its clearly too delicate to be a animal collar, hence my assumption of being a choker necklace. Any ideas as to where I could gain any further information?
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hello again,
The padlock being identically marked means it`s authentic.One cannot expect to find the same piece elsewhere after more than a century. It`s obviously too short for any neck, so it`s a bracelet.There are Edwardian bracelets with a padlock, the average length being about 10 ``. Sometimes padlocks are attached to thin safety chain, not yours.
Regards

Return to “European Jewelry”