Russian cross

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
igor

Russian cross

Post by igor »

Hi! I ask for help in determining the marks on the cross. A small mark "AС", a large "KЗ" сyrillic. Thank you in advance!
regards.
Arizona

Re: Russian cross

Post by Arizona »

Hi Igor, first of all if you read the rules of the forum you will find that you shouldn't post the very same post in two different sections, just not to confuse people.

About the hallmarks sorry of not being very useful, I assume that the K3 is the makers initials, but I didn't found any name for it, maybe someone with more information can help you out. The AE seems to be the assayer mark because of its placement near the 84 but it doesn't have the date letters under so again a mystery for me. Then the 84 it comes without head, and there is not city mark. Altogether is to much to guess for me, but I am sure that someone could throw some light over this, in any case the origin of the piece could help, if is Russia, former Russian territory... that could be a hint.
igor

Post by igor »

thank you for information . Yes, the marks is somehow not being tied together. But he who seeks will always find. Regarding the placement of information, I will correct myself and in the future I will not allow such errors.
regards.
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
The only K3 in PL book is Number 964 for Konstantin Zotov in Krasnoe village, Kostroma region.
Regards
igor

Post by igor »

Thank you very much ! I found.)
But how to connect it with "AС"?
Regards.
igor

Post by igor »

So, I decided to look for crosses with marks not in catalogs but at auctions. This is all I found in a few minutes of searching. Such crosses sell under the guise of expensive and rare things of silver and gold. But there can not be so many brands of one kind and that nobody knows about them. I consider all this and my cross fake.
Regards.
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

Unfortunately there are a lot of faked Russian objects on the market. The later showed crosses have more than a dubious origin. However, the first cross is interesting. K3 is the maker's mark and could be either of the mentioned ones. The other mark is a hallmark used on small objects 1898/99-1908. AC is the assayer. As it happens there is an AC in Kostroma 1900-1910. He is Aleksandr Nikolajevich Snarsky. It matches somehow the years for the alternative makers, but who knows for sure, I don't, just speculating, so...?
igor

Post by igor »

OK, I understand you. I would like everything you said to be true. But no, I’m more and more convinced that my cross is one of many fakes. After a long search, I found a photo of a truly real cross from Kostroma, the authenticity of which I have no doubt about - it was picked up during the excavation.
This cross is easily determined, everything is correct in it.
What do you think about it ?
regards.
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

Right, seems to match the period. However, the hallmark on your first cross resembles hallmarks from later period.
igor

Post by igor »

I do not like "4". This figure was stamped on "2 kokoshnik". I also don’t like the fact that the first cross has no date and stamp of the city. These master and assay master are not as well known as Faberge. )
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
I have several crosses made of 56 yellow and pink (rose) gold similar to those in your posts, quite common crosses, not even profitable to fake,
Faberge is mentioned completely out of context, I suppose.
Average Kostroma quality, common, nothing special.
Regards
igor

Post by igor »

Hi! Thank you for message. I think that everything that is for sale will be falsified. You're right - the cross is not so unique thing to pay attention to it. It is worth something like a marks and all is well. And someone good money on this. But financial questions don't interest me. I would just like to establish the truth - the cross is fake or not.
Regards.

Return to “European Jewelry”