Silver pendant with Tiger's eye (marked “b” in circle?)

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Dandelion

Silver pendant with Tiger's eye (marked “b” in circle?)

Post by Dandelion »

Hi everyone!

This is a silverpendant with Swedish importmarks (can’t be seen in pictures) and a 835 silvercontent mark. So I know, at least, it hasn’t been made in Sweden.

The mark that looks like a “b” in a circle is a mystery to me. I'm not sure if the "mark" to the right even is a mark, but if it is, it looks quite diffuse.

Any information about the mark(s) is appreciated.

Cheers!
Traintime
contributor

Re: Silver pendant with Tiger's eye (marked “b” in circle?)

Post by Traintime »

Silver standards list showing countries using or having used .835 minimum fineness: http://www.925-1000.com/a_Standards.html
Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

Not definite, but, if Dutch (Netherlands) origin then small b encircled would be date symbol for 1961. The other mark would have to be a lion rampant coded for tier 2 fineness of .835 ( photo not clear enough to identify) to be consistent with post-1953 type markings.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

Thanks for the info Traintime!

Started searching about dutch hallmarks, and found that the lion mark would apply to larger items. I have a little delft brooch that has the sword mark, that's put on smaller items. The "mark" to the right on my pendant don't look at all like the sword shape, so I guess that still leaves the origins of my pendant to be identified.

But again, thanks for the info, now I've learned a little bit more about dutch marks. :)

Cheers!

//Linda
Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

Does the right mark look at all like an Austrian "doghead" smallmark?

Return to “Other Jewelry”