Made in England - Creamer - unknown marks

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
tsarbucks

Made in England - Creamer - unknown marks

Post by tsarbucks »

Hi, new member here. My first post. I apologize in advance for being a newly hatched neophyte to silver and trademarks, and for any formatting errors, or even if I am asking in the wrong forum!

I'd love some clarification on this item:

Creamer: Image

Hallmarks: Image

Any help is very much appreciated.

Kind regards,
silvermakersmarks
co-admin

Re: Made in England - Creamer - unknown marks

Post by silvermakersmarks »

Your creamer is electroplated ("EP") and the manufacturers were Barker Brothers Silver Ltd of Birmingham.

Phil
tsarbucks

Post by tsarbucks »

Barker Brothers - thank-you!
tsarbucks

Post by tsarbucks »

silvermakersmarks wrote:Your creamer is electroplated ("EP") and the manufacturers were Barker Brothers Silver Ltd of Birmingham.

Phil
Thanks, again, Phil. With your help now I know that this is what I was looking at (the bottom marks):

Essexboy Fisher
contributor

Post by Essexboy Fisher »

Hello I thought this image could be a useful addition to this post. Tsarbucks has uploaded a nice photo of the “Britanoid” trademark and “Unity Plate” used by Barker Brothers but below there is another trademark identifying some nickel silver "NS" spoons.

This “Ascetic” mark is with the usual “Trefoil” mark carrying stars used by the Birmingham based Barker Brothers. My image also has the “B.B.S.Ld" mark probably used after the “Brothers” morphed into “Barker Brothers Silversmiths Ltd” in 1907. That “shield” mark is very similar to the company’s official silver mark registered with the Birmingham Assay Guild in 1927.
“Hygenia” was another trademark on electroplated products made by Barker Brothers’ concerns.
Fishless

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”