Help with grape sissors

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
modemgirlz

Help with grape sissors

Post by modemgirlz »

Could someone please help me with these antique grape sissors? I can't find any marks on these at all. Any suggestions on date, where they are from and if they are perhaps silverplate? They do tarnish and poilsh up to a bright shine, the weight is heavy. Would this design be Repousee? I have included front and back pictures. Thank you for any information you may have. Kristina
http://img8.picsplace.to/img8/17/marks_silver_028.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://img8.picsplace.to/img8/17/marks_silver_027.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
georgiansilver
contributor

Post by georgiansilver »

They would appear from the photos to be a fairly modern reproduction and I would suggest they are likely to be silver plate. Please don't take that as definitive...keep checking. Best wishes, Mike.
modemgirlz

scissors

Post by modemgirlz »

Mike, thanks for your help. I have had them 30 years and they were originally purchased at an antique store. Not sure if that helps. I believe they are silverplate, by the weight. I will keep looking. Thanks again, Kristina
frenchie_myriam
contributor

Post by frenchie_myriam »

Dear Kristina,

I have very similar ones in German Silver.

It seems they were produced in big quantities.

Hope this helps

Best Regards
Myriam
modemgirlz

Scissors

Post by modemgirlz »

Hello Myriam,
I see you do have similar ones, I don't have any marks on mine. So I am thinking they are reproductions and silverplate. They are somewhat old that I know. You are so kind to take the time and post your pictures for me to see. I really appreciate your time and help. Thanks again, Kristina
BTW, yours are very pretty done in silver :)

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”