Silver plated teacup holders?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
rob67

Silver plated teacup holders?

Post by rob67 »

I have what I believe is a set of six teacup holders. They have a large hole in the middle of the cup and the only mark I can find is the hallmark which is a diamond shape and appears to have "F & M N " inside the diamond. Any ideas who made these and if it is silver plate? Thanks.

Bahner
contributor

Re: Silver plated teacup holders?

Post by Bahner »

Hello, that is Felsenstein und Mainzer from Nuremberg, Germany. They never made any silver, just silverplated stuff like this one and fine German art nouveau pewter. Best wishes, Bahner
rob67

Post by rob67 »

Thank you so much.

Rob
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi Rob,

Welcome to the Forum.

Some details regarding Felsenstein & Mainzer have been added here: http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=140

Trev.
Essexboy Found
contributor

Post by Essexboy Found »

Hello, I believe this might also be a Felsenstein & Mainzer mark. This one with “F&M” over “N” (N presumably for Nurenberg) inside a circle.

It was on a Berlin commemorative “plated” stein” (bronze/copper colour showing on high places). A website, steinmarks.co.uk, suggests F&M started as late 19th century pewterers before continuing as designer procurers and wholesalers of pewter and other metal products. That was until just before the end of WWI when Gebruder Bing purchased the concern. F&M‘s product range still continued to manufacture and sold into the 1930’s. (This is a similar summary to that referenced earlier in this post)

https://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopi ... 27#p137927

Fishless

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”