Harrison Bros but who is H.S?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Gollom

Harrison Bros but who is H.S?

Post by Gollom »

I have this gorgeous little bullet teapot which I am sure is marked with Harrison Brothers & Howson, but I cannot find another mark on the web that has the HS. Most seem to have HB & H or other initials but not HS. Is this a Harrison Bros teapot and who is H.S. please? Many thanks in advance

silvermakersmarks
co-admin

Re: Harrison Bros but who is H.S?

Post by silvermakersmarks »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

The most likely explanation for the initials is Harrison Brothers & Howson · Sheffield

Phil
SteveDWollongong
contributor

Post by SteveDWollongong »

Hi Gollom,

I can confirm that this mark has been attributed to Harrison Bros & Howson. Please see :

http://www.silvercollection.it/SILVERPL ... ARKSH.html

As you are already aware, their more commonly known makers mark does not include the letter 'S'. I don't know what it stands for but usually it indicates the addition of a son or sons to a company. Hopefully someone else will have definitive answer for you.

Cheers,
Steve
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

I think Phil has nailed it by pointing to the positioning of the pellet between the 'H' and the 'S'. Rather than a full stop, this pellet would indicate a word separate from the company name, with Sheffield being the likely candidate.

Trev.
Gollom

Post by Gollom »

Thank you so much for the replies. Really pleased to have got a response as it was really bothering me. Now I can put in on the shelf and leave it alone x

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”