Single 3 Point Crown Mark + 100 - German?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
RArmstrong

Single 3 Point Crown Mark + 100 - German?

Post by RArmstrong »

Need help identifying this silver-plate flatware - Mark is of a Single Crown (No crescents, moons, etc) and the silver gram/count numbers, in this case 100-5. Having the silver numbers makes me think it's possibly German but I cannot find this crown anywhere. The flatware itself looks rather modern in style

Any help greatly appreciated!!

RArmstrong

Re: Single 3 Point Crown Mark + 100 - German?

Post by RArmstrong »

UPDATE: Just won this set at an auction, after closer inspection the knife blades are marked ROSTFREI SOLINGEN -- So I guess it's German. Still trying to find this darn mark.
RArmstrong

Post by RArmstrong »

UPDATE 2:

First thanks to anyone who is trying to find this mark. I do believe I may be closer or have found it. On another site under Germany marks I came upon the only 3-point crown (alone without any other mark) who they attribute it to "LACHMANN GUSTAV" (or Gustav Lachmann?) of Gera Germany. The crown mark is more detailed, not as minimal as the one on my flatware but it is the only Single 3-Point Crown mark I can find - without any other marks or words.

After some more digging I came upon a sold item on eBay.de (Germany) for a Gold Ring with the exact crown design on my flatware - the person who sold it states it is the mark of "GUSTAV LACHMANN" and dates it as "Art Deco" era (late 20's - 1930s).

So far this is the only information I have found. I cannot find any dates of when this company operated - perhaps records were lost in the war. Below are links and images to what I described above. Thanks again for reading and to anyone searching as well.

Mark 1: http://www.silvercollection.it/GERMANMA ... ALDRY.html

(admin edit - see Posting Requirements )
RArmstrong

Post by RArmstrong »

Sorry I didn't think past / closed auction links would not be allowed (Apologies to the admin). Instead here is just the photo I described above without a link. This image shows the exact crown mark that i'm inquiring about that is also being attributed to "Gustav Lachmann" of Gera Germany.

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”