who is the maker

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
blonde_minx

who is the maker

Post by blonde_minx »

Hi

i would love to know who the maker of this lovely pan is and if possible what date could it be

Thanks in advance

Mandy

AG2012
contributor

Re: who is the maker

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
ATLA is the silverplate division of Danish silver maker C.M.Cohr. The two-tower mark has been used on plated wares since the late 19th century.
The D-hammer-A mark stands for Dansk Arbejde (Danish work), a Danish trade association.
ENERET in Danish means EXCLUSIVE (right).
blonde_minx

Post by blonde_minx »

Hi

Thank you for your help, so does having the 925 mark mean it is plated with silver or does this stamp mean it is silver and not plate, i confused

Thanks Mandy
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Btw. ``925`` is confusing,though.Most likely stamped to deceive (not by the maker).
Those ``925`` punches are easily found.
blonde_minx

Post by blonde_minx »

Thank you for clearing it up for me so its silver plate though someone at a later date have stamped it with the 925 mark to make people think it is silver and not plate. I suppose there are a lot of dishonest people out there, thank you again

Best wishes

Mandy
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

At least I have never seen sterling with ``ATLA`` and besides, there are other marks here indicating silver-plate.
Nevertheless, I suggest to have it tested (there are non-invasive electronic testers)
Regards.
blonde_minx

Post by blonde_minx »

Thank you,

i appreciate all your help and will have it tested, looking closer the 925 stamp does appear to be different, a more modern stamp

Kind regards
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

No need to test it. It is under no circumstances silver but silver plated. In my opinion the 925 punch is most likely a product number and by chance "925". It has nothing to do with sterling silver. There is a clear Danish two tower silver plate mark visible.

Just for the records: The 925 is not either an indication of the fineness of the electrolytically applied silver plate surface. It is always 100%.

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”