Candlestick holder, can anyone identify the mark?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
collector34

Candlestick holder, can anyone identify the mark?

Post by collector34 »

Hi everyone,

I recently came upon this silver candlestick holder and have been stumped by the mark on the bottom. I’m quite new to silver and could not find any information online about the mark. The holder has patterns of flowers along with individual flowers on the base. The inside seems to have white on it that is peeling off. I’m also not sure to what this is. Maybe paint of some kind? If anyone could help with identification, it would be very much appreciated!
Thank you!

dognose
Site Admin

Re: Candlestick holder, can anyone identify the mark?

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Please embed your images.

Trev.
collector34

Post by collector34 »

[quote="collector34"]Hi everyone,

I recently came upon this silver candlestick holder and have been stumped by the mark on the bottom. I’m quite new to silver and could not find any information online about the mark. The holder has patterns of flowers along with individual flowers on the base. The inside seems to have white on it that is peeling off. I’m also not sure to what this is. Maybe paint of some kind? If anyone could help with identification, it would be very much appreciated!
Thank you!

collector34

Post by collector34 »

dognose wrote:Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Trev.
Did I do this right? I followed the directions, but seems my photos are blurry now. Thanks for the help!
collector34

Post by collector34 »

collector34 wrote:
dognose wrote:Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Trev.
Did I do this right? I followed the directions, but seems my photos are blurry now. Thanks for the help!
Sorry for the numerous posts, I am just trying to make sure I do this right. Here is a slightly larger photo of the mark just in case it is blurry.

dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi,

That's fine. The mark was used on silver plated ware by International Silver. It would date post 1970.

Trev.

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”