Unauthenticated Barbour Silver Co. 3150 Dutch Repousse Tea Service

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
hmartincalle

Unauthenticated Barbour Silver Co. 3150 Dutch Repousse Tea Service

Post by hmartincalle »

I have what the auction described as a Barbour Silver Co. Dutch Scene Embossed Silver Plate Tea Service that I am completely unable to authenticate or find online. Pics included. Hallmark on the tea pot, creamer, and sugar appear Barbour and are stamped 3150. I can’t find that pattern anywhere online to confirm. The tea caddy also has the same Barbour (?) Hallmark and bear the number 3238. The trivet has no Hallmark or number but seems to match the set. This is a real mystery. I can’t find it online and I’ve received no responses from Antiques Roadshow silver appraisers or the people at the Connecticut Historical Society. Barbour, later International Silver, was based in Hartford or Meriden, CT. Any help identifying is greatly appreciated!
Traintime
contributor

Re: Unauthenticated Barbour Silver Co. 3150 Dutch Repousse Tea Service

Post by Traintime »

Info. relating to another component firm/plant of IS Co. circa 1917 Dutch historic on copper:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=36457&p=96627&hili ... per#p96627
hmartincalle

Re: Unauthenticated Barbour Silver Co. 3150 Dutch Repousse Tea Service

Post by hmartincalle »

The Meriden Historical Society authenticated my set by finding it in an old Barbour catalogue. Only have preliminary information (volunteer researchers only work Wednesdays) and pics but it is officially called “No. 3150 Coffee Set. Old Dutch Finish.” I’d post the confirmation image they sent but tinypi no longer works and the company is shutting down.

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”