Meriden Britannia Quadruple (No.) #1964 Sugar

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Traintime
contributor

Meriden Britannia Quadruple (No.) #1964 Sugar

Post by Traintime »

We already have photos for the #1961 tea set in another thread. This sugar uses the same simplified Vulcan-ear like hollow handles. The marks are also equal, most notably that there is no period after Meriden and none of the additional marks like "Made and Guaranteed" or "U.S.A.". The bowl, designed to fit a mising lid, carries none of the sequential piece numbers often found on individual components of a tea set. Given that the quad mark was dropped after 1895-6 (Rainwater), the object might appear in a catalog of the 1880-1894 era? I could not place an identity to the floral elements, which might even be three different blooms, but perhaps MB included a descriptive pattern name. The patina has been left as found, and I get the sense the bowl has not been shined in a long time if ever. The weight is rather heavy, and I would suspect it is entirely composed of white metal rather than nickel silver. (And of course, there are no cypher marks used in the item number.) I could find no exact match to the pattern on-line.

Traintime
contributor

Re: Meriden Britannia Quadruple (No.) #1964 Sugar

Post by Traintime »

Tea set #1961 with very close handles: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=33948&p=87011&hili ... 961#p87011

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”