Need help identfying sterling candleabras and platter

Item must be marked "Sterling" or "925"
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
hassiman

Need help identfying sterling candleabras and platter

Post by hassiman »

Hello,

I have a pair of really nice sterling candleabras and a silver platter that my grandparents want me to sell on e-bay.. but I don't know what they should be listed as.. as you can see the candelabra is 2 piece and they have no hallmark other than the sterling mark which I included...

Also... What type of FB Rogers platter is this? A cookie tray?... (admin edit - Rich, see guidelines)

Here is the FB Rogers Platter:
Thanks,

Rich

Sterling 950 silver candelabras

Post by Guest »

Hi. The marks might be of Mexican origin. The Japanese make 950 silver candelabras although a Japanese company name will usually accompany the 950 mark. I have a 950 silver Japanese pair of candelabras that are marked Miyata. Hope that helps.

Cheers / Mgfrd1959

Response to the F B Rogers item

Post by Guest »

The F B Rogers piece is a Capote. I just posted a similar items' pictures and request for help to ID the mystery marks. Most of the F B Rogers work out there is Silverplate. Not too much Sterling to be found in that name. Take Care

Cheers / Mgfrd

Response to Quad question.

Post by Guest »

Hi. I misspelled compote. Sorry. The piece you have that is marked quad is probably quadruple plated. The mark is probably worn off or obscured. I have seen the Rogers items marked quad or triple plated. In fact I am going to an auction tomorrow that has a nice silver plate warmer marked I think it is quad plated. Take Care / Mgfrd

Return to “Sterling Manufacturers ~ American after-1860”