Teapot with wood handle

Item must be marked "Sterling" or "925"
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Jag
contributor

Teapot with wood handle

Post by Jag »

Here's an unmarked teapot (Sterling mark only) I'm posting in the off-chance someone might know anything about it. Actually there are some numbers on the hinge, but I don't imagine that is of much use. Guesses welcome. And also to ask what the pins that hold on the wooden handles are called, and where they can be purchased, since one of them is missing so I temporarily stuck a steel sewing pin into it, which I manage to poke into my hand every time I pick this up.
AG2012
contributor

Re: Teapot with wood handle

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
Jewelers are supposed to have silver wire in their workshops, but being retailers they don`t. But they have modern minimalist sterling hook earrings. They are available online, too.

Straighten and insert it, cut with nail clipper leaving a millimeter on both sides.File the excess - filing will crate almost invisible irregularity at both ends thus fixing the wire, i.e. preventing its displacement.

It’s definitively ``do it yourself``..Good luck.
Regards
Jag
contributor

Re: Teapot with wood handle

Post by Jag »

Ah, thank you for that. I'll rummage through my scrap silver looking for a lonely earring. I do lots of mostly wood furniture repair, but haven't done any silver repair except some bump straightening. But this looks like an easy and low-risk thing to start with.

Return to “Sterling Manufacturers ~ American after-1860”