Silver Tray Maker's Mark ID needed

Item must be marked "Sterling" or "925"
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
TBA

Silver Tray Maker's Mark ID needed

Post by TBA »

I can't seem to find this makers mark from this tray anywhere. I believe it is a monogram with W.M.A. letters. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dognose
Site Admin

Re: Silver Tray Maker's Mark ID needed

Post by dognose »

Hi TBA,

Welcome to the Forum.

I've sure we've had the mark before, but all I can find at the moment is another example:

Will keep searching.

Trev.
TBA

Post by TBA »

Thank you Trev ! Nice to see that there is another of these monograms out there!

TIM
TBA

Post by TBA »

Still have not found this maker, Hummm....anyone know who this unusual maker's mark monogram belongs to?
TBA

Post by TBA »

Still can't seem to find this maker's mark anywhere.....strange with two examples, someone must know who made this trey. Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Jazzman111

Post by Jazzman111 »

A late to the party observation. Rather than that logo being three XXXes, it might be three different letters overlaying each other. I looked in two of my source books and compared the logo to maker's marks containing M, W, and A. No dice. But perhaps someone who reads this who has access to other (I'm assuming it's American?) silversmith maker's marks source books might have more luck.
TBA

Post by TBA »

Thank you Jazzman111. Just saw your reply.....Yes it is American , but have not found who the maker is yet. One other person found the same monogram but still no idea who it is.
Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

Has this hallmark only been seen on large heavy plates/chargers? ::: I had a couple of heavy plates/chargers by Dominick & Haff, and they both had uncommon variations of the Dominick & Haff hallmark stamped upon them ::: My best guess would be that this is a known silver company but the hallmarks on the plates are uncommon variations of that silver company's traditional hallmark, in this case the hallmark is so different such that we cannot link it to a company yet, but there must be an "M" and an "A" even though i searched and could not figure it out :::

:::: Strange ::::
Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

It's close to "Metallurgic Art Co." of Baltimore Maryland 1895-1901, could it be a variant of that company?

Return to “Sterling Manufacturers ~ American after-1860”