Need halp with Rauch mark Sterling spoons

Item must be marked "Sterling" or "925"
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
millielady

Need halp with Rauch mark Sterling spoons

Post by millielady »

Hello,

Thank you, I am new to this forum. I have 3 sterling silver tea spoons, and each is marked sterling with maker's mark of RAUCH in simple block letters. I have not been able to find out anything about this mark after searching online. I am not even sure if it is American? Is this a scarce mark? Each spoon is monogrammed on the front L P so it is not the owner's name. It is cast into the silver on the back of the handle. Any help is appreciated.

silverly

Re: Need halp with Rauch mark Sterling spoons

Post by silverly »

This could be a retailer's mark for the Bethlehem, Pennsylvania watchmaker and jeweler James Kern Rauch.
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

If James Kern Rauch, then he was the son of Charles W. and Amelia (nee Kern) Rauch. Born 30th July 1842, Died September 1928. He was a life long resident of Bethlehem, Pa.

Judge Reeder, of Allentown.Pa., granted an injunction on the sheriff of Northampton county, restraining him from selling the goods in the jewelry store of James K. Rauch, Bethlehem. The application was made by S. F. Myers & Co., New York, who allege that the judgment confessed by Rauch to his wife for $10,000, is fraudulent.

Source: The Jewelers' Circular and Horological Review - 9th January 1895

Trev.
millielady

Post by millielady »

Thank you for the information thus far. Any ideas on how old these are?

Return to “Sterling Manufacturers ~ American after-1860”