Salt and Peppers. W inside shield with wings.

Item must be marked "Sterling" or "925"
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
ralfington

Salt and Peppers. W inside shield with wings.

Post by ralfington »

Hey guys could you help me to identify this certain hallmark? Im guessing its american but really have no idea. It is stamped on the bottom of a pair of salt and pepper shakers. They are solid and have no glass liner. Weigh around 40 grams each. Looks like the closest mark i could find was the weidlich sterling spoon co bird but there is no head. Thanks for any help

silverly

Re: Salt and Peppers. W inside shield with wings.

Post by silverly »

Welcome to the forum. That is the Weidlich trademark. Take a look at this link for a little bit of information about the company: http://www.925-1000.com/americansilver_W2.html
ralfington

Post by ralfington »

Thats what I was thinking. They look very similar but this hallmark has no head and the wings look different. Do they have more than one mark? Also the other salt/pepper has the same mark if you were thinking the head of the bird was rubbed off or not stamped deep enough. This one has me confused. Thanks a lot.
silverly

Post by silverly »

I believe it was just an awkward place to mark. It's not terribly strange to see problems like this.
ralfington

Post by ralfington »

[Admin edit - see posting requirements] Im gonna *** im sure theyre gonna sit forever, they seem too nice to scrap.

Return to “Sterling Manufacturers ~ American after-1860”