Trust or Bust? Tiffany Sippers.

Item must be marked "Sterling" or "925"
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Traintime
contributor

Trust or Bust? Tiffany Sippers.

Post by Traintime »

They're all over the net. Some include "Makers". With bags, boxes, or naked. But can we trust the mark as is? [This swayback has obviously been angle adjusted for easy imbibing as the Thorobreds tear up Kentucky..thus the term "get bent".] 8 1/2" head to tail.

legrandmogol
contributor

Re: Trust or Bust? Tiffany Sippers.

Post by legrandmogol »

It is possible it's legit but I wouldn't touch it. The mark looks forged.
Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

I've had these mint julep spoons many times, and I even had the deluxe version which has a full figural monkey climbing on a vine; those full-figural straws were amazing and the buyer was a NYC real estate mogul who starred in a reality show and they were shipped to a 5th Avenue NYC address (I'll let you figure that one out) :::

This one looks like all the other ones I had but I understand your trepidation because the hallmark is lightly struck and other ones I have noticed on the interwebs are even more mis-struck than this example, so I respect your hesitation on this one :::
dragonflywink
co-admin

Post by dragonflywink »

Circa 1960s, don't see any problem with the marks, typical in style and location - see this thread from 2010: http://925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=18974

~Cheryl

Return to “Sterling Manufacturers ~ American after-1860”