'Lion W Lion' Hallmark

Item must be marked "Sterling" or "925"
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
biztekpc

'Lion W Lion' Hallmark

Post by biztekpc »

Last weekend I bought a box of sterling flatware at an estate sale. I am going through the box and trying to identify the pieces. Here I have a serving piece manufactured by Brunner Bros Co. There is another Brunner Bros in the box with the Birmingham hallmark on the back so I assume this one also is Birmingham. Anyway there is a W between two inward facing lions. Is this some type of date code? BTW: What is this piece?

silverly

Re: 'Lion W Lion' Hallmark

Post by silverly »

Welcome to the forum. The trademark is Wendell Manufacturing Co. Brunner Bros were Cleveland, OH jewelers. Check here for the mark: https://www.925-1000.com/americansilver_W2.html
biztekpc

Post by biztekpc »

Thanks for the quick reply but now I am more confused than ever. The other Brunner piece that I have has the lion, an anchor, and a date letter. The anchor is Birmingham right?
silverly

Post by silverly »

I think I can which trademark you are referring to, but Brunner was the retailer. That's the way it used to be done.
silverly

Post by silverly »

silverly wrote:I think I can which trademark you are referring to, but Brunner was the retailer. That's the way it used to be done.
Left out tell you.
biztekpc

Post by biztekpc »

Got it! Thanks.
Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

A guide to help identify service pieces (top bar) with sizing ranges: https://www.sterlingflatwarefashions.co ... nsils.html

Return to “Sterling Manufacturers ~ American after-1860”