Gold maker mark LS on 14K antique ring Need help id

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
randy1955

Gold maker mark LS on 14K antique ring Need help id

Post by randy1955 »

Thanks for viewing this mark, I've spent hours looking for this LS, appears to be an S inside an L. Please help id it or the maker or point me in the right direction. 14K diamond ring, my grandmothers believed to be bought in NY between 1898 1902, now in WI for years. Thanks
X
X
JLDoggett
co-admin

Post by JLDoggett »

The maker appears to be for Stuller Mfg. which would be the long S in a rectangular frame. The style of the setting puts it squarely in the post WWII period. It may have been a later remount as the style with split, stepped shoulders and the cast, box setting in combination of two-tone gold puts it into the post war years.

During the turn-of-the-century period the entire base would have been in yellow gold, with just the stone surrounds in white. The centeral cluster may have been removed from an earlier ring and soldered into a more modern mount. Evidence of this can be seen in the colour differential between the cluster setting and the box setting.
randy1955

Thank you

Post by randy1955 »

Thank you
I read that Stuller did not start the company until the 60s, so the mount is likely near early 40s when they got married. And they had it reset by Stuller in the 60s 70s in New York.
Your opinion is greatly appreciated. Thx again Randy

Return to “Gold Marks - Worldwide”