Makers Mark Help- KK (with Ks back to back) or HH or HK

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
mslittlefoot

Makers Mark Help- KK (with Ks back to back) or HH or HK

Post by mslittlefoot »

Hi. I am hoping someone can help me get information about the marks on a peridot gold ring that was handed down to me from my grandmother. I believe the ring is gold though there are no gold marks like 10k or 14k.
I can post a picture of the ring shortly, the current photo isn't showing up properly when I post it.

I believe she got it in the 1940s. It could have been bought in England (her husband's family is from there and he was stationed there in ww2). Or, my family thinks it could have been purchased when he returned from the war and he maybe bought it in upstate NY. I have done research online and haven't seen a mark that is similar.

The makers mark is in the inside of the ring. To me, it looks like it the letters are made in a fancy block style. And the 2 letters could most likely be KK with the Ks back to back. Or, maybe it is an HK or an HH.
Also, there is another small mark next to the initals that looks like a 7 on its side.

http://www.aghemres.org/storage/pet-pic ... 0_1384.JPG

(admin photo edit - images too large - link only - see Posting Requirements )

Any information is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
mslittlefoot

Re: Makers Mark Help- KK (with Ks back to back) or HH or HK

Post by mslittlefoot »

Here is a picture of the ring. Thanks for checking it out and hopefully giving me some info!

http://www.aghemres.org/storage/pet-pic ... 0_1391.JPG

(admin photo edit - images too large - link only - see Posting Requirements )
Kazoole

Post by Kazoole »

Hi, I was curious if you ever figured out what maker's mark the back to back K's or H's stood for.
I am just purchasing a ring with the same imprint and the seller does not know nor can I find info on the Internet.
I would be ever so grateful if you let me know.
Cheers!
mslittlefoot

Post by mslittlefoot »

A few years late! I never did find out any information about the mark. Did you find out any information? Is it the same mark? I would be curious to hear any information that you were able to learn. I hope you like your ring.

Return to “Gold Marks - Worldwide”