Gold mark identification wanted

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
SidCurtis

Gold mark identification wanted

Post by SidCurtis »

Hello,

My maiden aunt left me a few pieces of jewelry, one is not my cup of tea, but is 18kt with a mark (and possibly a real emerald and 3 diamonds). I don't have a camera that can take a decent photo of the ring so a lousy one is attached, I have also attached an image of what it says inside the ring.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thank you,
-Sidney

dnl
contributor

Post by dnl »

So nice of your 'maiden aunt' to leave you jewelry. I hope that you enjoy them.
As you note, the images are just that... images and the item should be looked at by a professional person to be sure, but certain appearences revealed by the photo leads me to believe that this item is a composite of manmade materials. The round appearence to the 'diamonds' indicate that there is no metal setting the stones and maybe glued in. With the dispersive look not a crisp diamond look makes me think that these are imitations and NOT diamond. The green stone is hidden so much that there is no opinion that can be formed. If this is indeed a ring of imitations, then the mark would indicate 18kt Gold Layering thus the G.L. But once again, these are opinions derived from a photo and best to have a professional jeweler look at the item to be sure.
No matter what, it was a gift and a treasure from your Aunt. Cherish her memory and not be put off if it is an imitation ring.

Good Luck

Return to “Gold Marks - Worldwide”