Phillips Aldershot and 4 medals

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
JanGroen
contributor

Phillips Aldershot and 4 medals

Post by JanGroen »

Good evening

I don't know if this post will fit in but I will post it anyway. It contains silver plated, silver and gold pieces. It is about fob medals that can be seen as jewelry and part of pocket watches.

A few years back I bought a wood and silver-plate sport shield. It was made by the silversmith Phillips Aldershot from London. It had 2 medals of the same winner next to them. All first places for Pole Vault in a Cape Town (Spes Bona shield on them) University tournament in 1929-1933. I originally thought they were just brass, but then I noticed 9ct stamped on the 1929 one. The 1932 one also tested for 9ct but it is not marked.
On further inspection I noticed the mint mark CWA on the 1929 coin. The other one lacks this mark as well.

(admin edit - see Posting Requirements )

I am trying to figure out who CWA may be. All my other medals are sterling and got full hallmarks (usually Birmingham). Only these ones got unknown makers.
Any information will be helpful
Thank you Jannie

dognose
Site Admin

Re: Phillips Aldershot and 4 medals

Post by dognose »

Hi Jannie,

It always leads to confusion when you post more than one item in a topic, so let's keep this topic to the maker 'CWA'. Please start new threads with your other items.

I'll move this topic to the 'Gold Marks - Worldwide' section of the forum.

Trev.
JanGroen
contributor

Re: Phillips Aldershot and 4 medals

Post by JanGroen »

Thanks Trev
I will move the plaque to the silver plated section. Not sure where to put the silver medals, they are not plated but I will post them there as well.

Jannie

Return to “Gold Marks - Worldwide”