Help me to identify this cross marking.

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
sekb
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:55 am

Help me to identify this cross marking.

Postby sekb » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:26 am

Hello dear people. I have this cross (golden maybe?) and there is unknow marking on it. Maybe someone could help me to identify it. Thank you.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

sekb
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:55 am

Re: Help me to identify this cross marking.

Postby sekb » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:34 am

An item itself


Image Image

oel
co-admin
Posts: 3678
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Help me to identify this cross marking.

Postby oel » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:07 am

Hi, welcome to the forum

I believe it to be gold-plated and it could be a French gold plate mark.

Best,

Peter

sekb
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:55 am

Re: Help me to identify this cross marking.

Postby sekb » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:27 am

oel wrote:Hi, welcome to the forum

I believe it to be gold-plated and it could be a French gold plate mark.

Best,

Peter



How can I check if it is gold plated?

oel
co-admin
Posts: 3678
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Help me to identify this cross marking.

Postby oel » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:36 am

I advise you to go to a good jewelry shop and ask for their assistance. Or Google search for gold test
Good luck.

sekb
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:55 am

Re: Help me to identify this cross marking.

Postby sekb » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:49 am

oel wrote:I advise you to go to a good jewelry shop and ask for their assistance. Or Google search for gold test
Good luck.

Thank you :)

sekb
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:55 am

Re: Help me to identify this cross marking.

Postby sekb » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:50 am

What's strange for me is that marking is really really small

oel
co-admin
Posts: 3678
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Help me to identify this cross marking.

Postby oel » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:16 am

Not strange those marks are real tiny but good visible with a jeweler's eyeglass loupe.

I believe your first image, the eye reads 3m to fit a 3mm (diameter) chain.
If solid gold this fairly modern cross should be marked minimal with; 9K,14K, 18K, 20K or 22 K or 375, 585, 750, 833 or 916.

Please check the square mark, above the striped shield does it read; Sté? I believe it are no figures?

sekb
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:55 am

Re: Help me to identify this cross marking.

Postby sekb » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:05 pm

oel wrote:Not strange those marks are real tiny but good visible with a jeweler's eyeglass loupe.

I believe your first image, the eye reads 3m to fit a 3mm (diameter) chain.
If solid gold this fairly modern cross should be marked minimal with; 9K,14K, 18K, 20K or 22 K or 375, 585, 750, 833 or 916.

Please check the square mark, above the striped shield does it read; Sté? I believe it are no figures?

Yes, it reads "Sté" and there is another letter after it, it might be E, F or T.


Return to “Gold Marks - Worldwide”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests