unknown mark A Arnold and unknown townmark on a spoon

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Theoderich
contributor

unknown mark A Arnold and unknown townmark on a spoon

Post by Theoderich »

spoon
http://silberpunze.si.funpic.de/Objekt/arnold.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have no idea which german townmark it is. It looks like a "T" or a tree.

I think the name ist A Arnold.

it is 625/1000 = 10/16 Loth silver
Bahner
contributor

Post by Bahner »

Hello, this is Adolph Arnold (b. 1815, d. 1890) from Apolda, Thüringen. Mentioned there first in 1866 (but most likely active before that). After his death, his widow and his son Ernst continued until ca 1900. Best wishes, Bahner
Theoderich
contributor

Post by Theoderich »

Thank You very much Mr. Bahner.
I live only 15 miles away from Apolda - but that Apolda had an own silvermark - is a new advice for me.

I my silverbooks Thuringia is underrepresented.
Now - in the next week I will investigate some thuringia churches - and I will make some pictures from silver. I hope there are any thuringia silvermarks.

Regards Theoderich
Theoderich
contributor

Post by Theoderich »

it is a stump of an apple tree since 1857

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apolda" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
>>In December 1856, the state government of Saxony-Weimar-Eisenach with a decree a new version of the city emblem of Apolda. This decree was signed on 5 January 1857 in the "Apolda Wochenblatt published. Ministerial decree stated that "in this heraldic sign a welcome symbol of the ever renewed flowering of the city is seeing." The drawing of the city coat of arms was approved by the deacon Facius prepared in February 1857. He is also a decorative design with a helmet and crest, which usually only in individuals heraldic practice.

The current coat of arms shows an apple tree stump with green branches. The main image is from oldest to most recent presentation of the apple or the trunk of a apple tree. The three Stadtwappen basic colors black, yellow (gold), and green were also the national colors of the Grand Duchy of Saxony-Weimar-Eisenach, which until 1918 belonged Apolda. In the main articles of association of the city Apolda is the emblem as follows: "In the gold box is a black tree trunk, the top is cut off at the sides but again pushes green leaves."<<
Solpar

Post by Solpar »

Literature: Weltkunst 1999 p. 2607
Theoderich
contributor

Re:

Post by Theoderich »

Bahner wrote:Hello, this is Adolph Arnold (b. 1815, d. 1890) from Apolda, Thüringen. Mentioned there first in 1866 (but most likely active before that). After his death, his widow and his son Ernst continued until ca 1900. Best wishes, Bahner
Dear Bahner,

I find in a book of Grätz from 1843 a "Adolph Arnold, Goldarbeiter in Grätz"
It is a coincidence?

https://books.google.de/books?id=S7ZeAA ... er&f=false

this marks are from Apolda

Return to “German Silver”