Wulsten Spoons

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
conndiary

Wulsten Spoons

Post by conndiary »

I just picked up one of these Wulsten serving spoons from a car boot sale. it has JF Hein engraved in the top of the handle. It weighs 53 grams and is 9.5 inches long and is in good condition apart from a minor, barely noticeable bruise to the bowl where somebody, presumably Mr Hein, must have banged it on the table when complaining about the soup. [Admin edit - please read the forum rules and if you want to learn more about your spoon please start a new topic with the required pictures]

Posting Requirements
Scotrab
contributor

Re: Wulsten Spoons

Post by Scotrab »

This is a surprise: after more than four years another spoon by Wulsten for J. F. Hein surfaces...

I have nothing more to add to what I wrote in May 2013 about both Wulsten, as shown above. About J. F. Hein I can add that he is shown in the "Adressbuch der Kaufleute und Fabrikanten 1833" (Directory of Manufacturers and Merchants 1833) as "Hein (Joh.(ann) Fr.(iedrich)), Rhederei u. Handl. en gros" (Shipowner and Merchant en gros). This is entirely consistent with the period of all known J. F. Hein spoons. It would be nice to find information about his activities and ship(s)...
conndiary

Re: Wulsten Spoons

Post by conndiary »

Sorry, just read the posting requirements.
Pictures here.
Image[/img]

Return to “German Silver”