a mystery mark

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
blonde_minx

a mystery mark

Post by blonde_minx »

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has any idea on this mark, it is 930 grade of silver but i dont know this marking, any help would be appreciated

Thanks Mandy

oel
co-admin

Re: a mystery mark

Post by oel »

Hi, again I believe it to be pseudo marks.

Peter.
blonde_minx

Post by blonde_minx »

Hi Peter

Thanks for your input, i wasnt sure as ive never seen this mark but it makes sense what you say, it does also have London import marks for 1898 , i was just at a loss to the other marks, thanks for your help

Best wishes Mandy
dragonflywink
co-admin

Post by dragonflywink »

It really is important to post all marks present on a piece, am not sure I understand why all information wouldn't be given in the initial post - in this case, there is a good possibility that the importer's mark would be one often related to Hanau makers...

~Cheryl
blonde_minx

Post by blonde_minx »

AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

This mark on Hanau - like silver has not been identified so far.No crown, but perfect match of two marks, center and left.
Regards

blonde_minx

Post by blonde_minx »

Thank you for the information regarding the Hanau Mark, it does seem to be very similar.
Thanks Mandy
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

The importer, Rosina Gertrude Alexander of R.G. Birch was declared bankrupt in 1900. Among her creditors were the Hanau manufacturers, Schleissner Söhne and Weinrank & Schmidt.

Just to reiterate Cheryl's comments, It's vital that all marks are shown from the outset and such information is not drip-fed, and particularly important in this case as we now have a possibly important clue to the origin of these German marks.

Trev.
blonde_minx

Post by blonde_minx »

Hi

Thanks Trev for that extra information it helps a lot, i dont normally forget to add the pictures required, just an oversight on my part

Best wishes Mandy

Return to “German Silver”