Bagues - 18 B (?) - Spanish silver

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
sebastian4743

Bagues - 18 B (?) - Spanish silver

Post by sebastian4743 »

Hello there,

I am struggling to find any more silverware made by Bagues which I think is my item made by.

My Internet research suggests that there are at least two famous Bagues companies - one situated in Paris and the other in Barcelona. My candle holder bears a Spanish hallmark and a mark 18 B or maybe 48 B. Could you please confirm if this is Bagues? Any info on silverware made by Bagues would be fantastic as on their webpage I can only find jewelry. Thank you!
Funkel
contributor

Re: Bagues - 18 B (?) - Spanish silver

Post by Funkel »

Hola Sebastian, puede encontrar toda la información de Bagües en: http://www.bagues.com/es/
Hello Sebastian, you can find all the information of Bagües at: http://www.bagues.com/en/

La estrella de cinco puntas, es el contraste oficial para la plata de ley de 915 milésimas, adoptado en 1934.
The five-pointed star is the official contrast to the 915-thousandth sterling silver, adopted in 1934.

El 48-B:

En 1957 la joyería Bagües editó un pequeño libro sobre la platería de Barcelona, para felicitar a sus clientes el año nuevo. Le adjunto algunas fotos.
In 1957 the jewelry Bagües published a small book on the silverware of Barcelona, to congratulate its customers the new year. I attach some photos.

Un saludo y siento no hablar ingles
A greeting and I'm sorry I do not speak English
sebastian4743

Post by sebastian4743 »

Dear Funkel,

Thank you for your post. You have stated that 48B is Jordi-c Rodas Armengol. I am wonder what does it mean in connection with the Bagues mark? Bagues owned that workshop or were they selling and branding it only? What is your opinion on that?

Best wishes,
Sebastian
Funkel
contributor

Post by Funkel »

It's a bit confusing, because the two are merchants and jewelers. In my opinion they are the work of Bagües. In the web of Bagües has an email, (info@bagues.es), maybe if you consult them, they will clarify it better than I.

By the way, he has not published any photos of the cutlery.

Es un tanto confuso, porque los dos son comerciantes y joyeros. En mi opinión son obra de Bagües. En la web de Bagües tiene un correo electronico, (info@bagues.es), quizas si les consulta a ellos, se lo aclaren mejor que yo.

Por cierto no ha publicado ninguna foto de los cubiertos.

Return to “German, French, Dutch, Russian, Scandinavian or Other - Single Image”