Help with Spanish Hallmarks

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
Justme1

Help with Spanish Hallmarks

Post by Justme1 »

Hello,

Would someone be able to tell me what these hallmarks are on this sterling silver tray. It belonged to my great-grandfather from Madrid, Spain.
Many thanks.
Justme1

Re: Help with Spanish Hallmarks

Post by Justme1 »

Hi Phil,

Many thanks for your prompt reply, and helpful tips on how to upload an image. I took your advice and loaded an image onto
the website you recommended. Hopefully this will work. Please let me know what you think of the hallmarks.
Thanks again.

Caroline
Funkel
contributor

Post by Funkel »

La primera marca es la oficial para la plata española en la ciudad de Palma de Mallorca, utilizada a principios del s. XX.
Rey fueron unos orfebres de la ciudad ya desaparecidos y sin información sobre su trayectoria.
La ultima marca, no es una marca oficial de la plata española, pudiendo ser una conmemoración otorgada a la Joyería Rey.
Adjunto escudo oficial de la ciudad de Palma de Mayorca - España

The first brand is the official one for Spanish silver in the city of Palma de Mallorca, used at the beginning of the 19th century. XX.
Rey were some goldsmiths of the city already disappeared and without information about his career.
The last mark, is not an official mark of the Spanish silver, being able to be a commemoration granted to the Rey Jewelery.
Attached official coat of arms of the city of Palma de Mayorca - Spain
Justme1

Post by Justme1 »

Hola Funkel,

Muchísimas gracias por la ayuda, que bien saber más específicamente de el origen de estas marcas. Te lo agradezco muchísimo.

Carolina

Thank you so very much for your help, it is great to know more specifics on the origin of these hallmarks. Very greatful to you.
Funkel
contributor

Post by Funkel »

I feel the misspelling, it's Palma de Mallorca, with double L

Return to “German, French, Dutch, Russian, Scandinavian or Other - Single Image”