Real or fake

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
Kirils
contributor

Real or fake

Post by Kirils »

Hello everyone, I need an opinion on this marks (84, Br. Grachev). Do you think they are real or fake? I'm very sorry, but unfortunately, I cannot show the full item.

Qrt.S
contributor

Re: Real or fake

Post by Qrt.S »

Please provide some more information: What are the initials behind the kokshnik's neck and what measures the kokshnik's frame in width (in exact millimeters please).
If you cannot show the object at least tell us what is it?
Goldstein
contributor

Post by Goldstein »

Hi Kirils -

the marks are correct as far as the assayer (AP) and the Gratschevv firm is concerned!
See 2 examples, different punches are known:

Regards
Goldstein
Kirils
contributor

Post by Kirils »

Qrt.S wrote:Please provide some more information: What are the initials behind the kokshnik's neck and what measures the kokshnik's frame in width (in exact millimeters please).
If you cannot show the object at least tell us what is it?
The initials are АР. It is about 3,5 millimeters. The peace is in Russian Modern (Art Nouveau) style large inkwell. It is silver with gilding. I have also checked the purity of silver, it is 87,5%.
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

OK, thanks. You've got the answer from Goldstein, no problem detected.
Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

One question about the Kokoshnik on the Kirils inkwell example :: When you look at the Kokoshnik on the Kirils inkwell example, does it not appear that the "84" is raised up in high relief? And when you look at the examples from Goldstein, see how the Kokoshnik appears to be "sunken in" and not raised up and not in high relief? ::: I wonder if I am seeing this correctly, and I know this is a very minor point, but I just thought I would ask anyway ::::
Goldstein
contributor

Post by Goldstein »

Hi Aguest -

This is an optical illusion created by light and shadow and the "perspective" of the camera. When rotating a photo by 180 °, this effect can be observed. The reason why clear and sharp photos are important!

Regards
Goldstein
Kirils
contributor

Post by Kirils »

Thank you everyone for helping. I have tried to retake better photos of each mark.

Return to “German, French, Dutch, Russian, Scandinavian or Other - Single Image”