Serving Tray Identification from stamps

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
dlbott

Serving Tray Identification from stamps

Post by dlbott »

Hey everyone, wow, what a place.. don't know how I found it lol but I am glad I did... I am hoping someone can help me identify where a piece might be from based on the stamp on the back and also how I might tell if it is silver or plated. It is a large silver serving plate that is tarnished. It has four legs on it which I thought was unique. I imagine it is plated but with this particular Aunt, very eccentric, you never know.

Some history, she dated president who took over for Kennedy. I am sorry, my memory is just gone right now lol. She went on to marry my uncle who was the sargent of arms at the capitol in Texas for a number of years. Anyway, it was passed down from her and I would like to find out where it was made and if it is plated or real etc... it is stamped and numbered. The stamps i could not find through much searching:

from left to right: two greek looking letters, what looks like a ladies head, a ram, and a scale..... under that is the number 631 i believe it is...

I will try and take a picture and put it up if someone needs it but not sure how it will come out....

I hope someone can help me...

Don

oh and thank you
oel
co-admin

Re: Serving Tray Identification from stamps

Post by oel »

Hi Don,

Welcome to the Forum.

Your question cannot be answered without the required images. The below should help you:

How to Add Images

Posting Requirements

http://www.postimg.com is recommended. Embedded images get a far greater response than just posting links.

Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post.

For more information see:

http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... 82#p103282

Oel.
dlbott

Post by dlbott »

ok here goes lol, here is image of the stamp and number.. hope someone can tell me something about it and if it is plate or not. thanks

Hope it works and someone can help.

thanks don
dlbott

Post by dlbott »

that does make it easier to see lol, so it is a crown and not a scale lol... and a face, i thought the face was a womans head but looks like a face... not sure about the two numbers, what is that greek, backwards 55 looks like... well sure hope someone can tell me where it came from and if it is silver or plated...

thanks

don
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi Don,

Welcome to the Forum.

We've had that set of marks several times on the forum, but as of yet, who used it remains a mystery. It has only been noted on silver plated items.

Trev.
dlbott

Post by dlbott »

Well, at least i know more than i did. that it is silver plated. is most plated on brass, it is heavy and really nice. I was also wondering (admin edit)even if it is plated. i would think the greek has something to do with the year, the crown, what uk, not sure about the ram and the face. being numbered i can assume it was limited in how many were made.

I know nothing about this stuff so any help (admin edit, read forum rules) would be very helpful.

thanks

don
Last edited by oel on Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Silver Plate Trademarks - Single Image”