Re: Rare soup or punch ladle with unknown mark

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
umonks

Post by umonks »

Dear all,
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I recently bought a ladle (it has an artfully pierced 'lid' which acts as a strainer) at a flea market because of its unusual look. I tried unsuccessfully to find anything on its markings or its function (punch?) and am hoping sincerely for your help.

There is a mark of the number '12' on both, the lid which covers the bottom of the ladle and the handle. On the back of the top of the handle is the only other mark I can find.
It shows two crossed swords and three letters placed between the swords to their left bottom and right. They are all capitals and are: either 'C' or 'G' (left), 'E' or 'L' at the bottom and 'B' or 'D' to the right of the crossed swords.
silvermakersmarks
co-admin

Post by silvermakersmarks »

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Your question cannot be answered without the required images. The following should help you:

How to Add Images

Posting Requirements

and: http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=42199

Embedded images get a far greater response than just posting links or thumbnails.

Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post - if your images don't show up there we won't be able to see them either.

Phil

Return to “Silver Plate Trademarks - Single Image”