Help ID mystery mark L&F

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
raibos

Help ID mystery mark L&F

Post by raibos »

Trying to decipher the mark on a period silver plated art deco cocktail shaker. It looks like L& F separated by a chess piece(?) symbol. There is no country mark, just what's shown in photo 1. Photo 2 has the contrast tweaked in an attempt to sharpen the image. On a side note, are country of origin marks only on items intended for export? Does no country mark indicate U.S. origin? Any help appreciated!

Essexboy Fisher
contributor

Re: Help ID mystery mark L&F

Post by Essexboy Fisher »

Hello, nothing very solid in the way of help, but if the pictorial part of the mark is a lighthouse could "Faro" be part of the name. I see there is an Italian company Faro Linea. I know for some of the Southern European countries "Faro" is lighthouse. I see from a post by Dognose the Faro company does have a stylised lighthouse with light beam as a modern mark.
Yours
Fishless
raibos

Post by raibos »

Thanks. The Faro Linea link says it was likely formed in the 70s, the shaker is earlier 20th century, probably 1930s. Interesting observation of the lighthouse, I'll have to do some digging and see if it's a clue . . .
raibos

Post by raibos »

Fishless, good call on the lighthouse. The mark is Lagarde & Fortin, Paris, France, circa 1922-28. Thanks for the excellent clue.

Return to “Silver Plate Trademarks - Single Image”