Need help on this pce what is it?

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
tincanellie

Need help on this pce what is it?

Post by tincanellie »

Wondering if someone could help me identify this pce please mark on bottom American Silver Plated (around a horseshoe) Quadruple on the inside then number 906 underneath, VCA to one side. I thought it might be a glass holder. Thanks
dmay

Post by dmay »

The item is called a cruet set-it would have held glass bottles containing condiments (salt, pepper, vinegar etc). It was made by Simpson, Hall, Miller & Co. of Wallingford, CT (American Silver Plate Co. was a division of Simpson, Hall) and dates to some time in the 1880's. The number 906 was likely the model number-I do not know what the VCA mark stands for.
tincanellie

Post by tincanellie »

Many thanks for your help this pcee has been puzzling me for a long time. Much appreciated. Cheers
Traintime
contributor

Re: Need help on this pce what is it?

Post by Traintime »

Notes: Ref.- Official Gazette of the United States Patent Office, Volume 121 Part 1, March 20, 1906, page 993......"Ser. No. 14,447 SILVER-PLATED HOLLOW WARE. INTERNATIONAL SILVER COMPANY Meriden Conn. Filed Nov. 10, 1905. Used ten years." [Mark Shown] Thence, "The words "AMERICAN SILVER PLATE Co." disposed around a circle inclosing the word "QUADRUPLE".

Not included in marks section of Century of Silver (1947), so long out of use. Straight line words mark "American Silver Plate Co." was shown.

Noted under mark by Rainwater, "(Cheaper Grade)"...located in Simpson Hall Miller entry.

Return to “Silver Plate Trademarks - Single Image”