Horsehad AA makers mark... help!!

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
timmi84

Horsehad AA makers mark... help!!

Post by timmi84 »

Hi All

I have recently purchased a necklace and bracelet set from an Antique store here in Melbourne, Australia. They are both sterling silver, onyx, with garnets set into the silver.

I have trawlled through so many websites (including this one) and have come up empty handed.

Please see the picture below. As you can see, the makers mark its a horse head with two fancy A's. The mark also appears on the clasp of the bracelet, but the make shown in the picture is from the pendant.
X

I'm guessing its American made, and made around the 1920's, as some of the nicest costume jewelry of that era came from America. But I could be way off!

Again, any information will be much appreciated :)

Cheers!
HezzieQ

Re: Horsehad AA makers mark... help!!

Post by HezzieQ »

Hello,

I have been interested in getting some information on this mark too. I have a silver needle case which which appears to be plated in "gold."

It bears the same mark - 2 fancy A's and a horse's head. I can't find any information about the mark either. I thought it might be European.

Any responses appreciated.
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi HezzieQ,

Welcome to the Forum.

Please start a new topic, with images of your item and the marks.

Trev.
HIGHHO

Post by HIGHHO »

timmi84 wrote:Hi All

I have recently purchased a necklace and bracelet set from an Antique store here in Melbourne, Australia. They are both sterling silver, onyx, with garnets set into the silver.

I have trawlled through so many websites (including this one) and have come up empty handed.

Please see the picture below. As you can see, the makers mark its a horse head with two fancy A's. The mark also appears on the clasp of the bracelet, but the make shown in the picture is from the pendant.
X

I'm guessing its American made, and made around the 1920's, as some of the nicest costume jewelry of that era came from America. But I could be way off!

Again, any information will be much appreciated :)

Cheers!
HI Did you end up finding out who this makers mark was? I also have an item with this mark
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Please start a new topic with images of your item and the marks.

Trev.

Return to “Silver Jewelry - Single Image”